Saturday, October 8, 2011

Whiskey Myers "Ballad of a Southern Man" = Re-post



=========
Whiskey Myers "Ballad of a Southern Man"
Brock, good morning.

I wanted to pass this along to you, in hopes that if you approved, you would post it, and hopefully link it to wherever appropriate. I really don't have enough people to link with, that will do the message of this song the justice it deserves.

For these days, when some in the Southern Movement feel that there is no hope in or from our younger generation, then all I can say to them is they need to watch, listen and pay attention to what these young men are saying.

In my opinion as an activist/musician, of 40 years this song lays the truth out there for the whole world to take note, and for Southrons to find joy and the all important hope for the days and years to come.

As long as there are young people willing to make a statement like those found in this song, then the South will never surrender.

I hope you enjoy. I listened to the entire CD yesterday twice, back to back despite what the Industry leaders in New Yawk, LA, and even occupied Nashville would have us believe, Southern music, as we grew up with, is not dead, it is alive and well.

I am having my management try and connect me with these fellows in hopes that my band might open for them at least for one night on their upcoming tour. The message of their band and mine is the same, these fellows are just younger versions of us.

Best regards,

T

No comments:

Post a Comment