Friday, October 21, 2011

Florida banker's wife left family to join Wall Street protesters

Via A Trainwreck in Maxwell

A married mother of four from Florida ditched her family to become part of the raggedy mob in Zuccotti Park -- keeping the park clean by day and keeping herself warm at night with the help of a young waiter from Brooklyn.

“I’m not planning on going home,” an unapologetic Stacey Hessler, 38, told The Post yesterday.

“I have no idea what the future holds, but I’m here indefinitely. Forever,” said Hessler, whose home in DeLand sits 911 miles from the tarp she’s been sleeping under.

Hessler -- who ironically is married to a banker -- arrived 12 days ago and planned to stay for a week, but changed her plans after cozying up to some like-minded radicals, including Rami Shamir, 30, a waiter at a French bistro in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn.

She swears she’s not romantically involved with her new friend. (Of course not, just keeping warm......)

Yesterday was a typical day for the pair, who woke up at 8 a.m. on their little patch of paving stone near the communal kitchen and dashed off to Trinity Church to wash up.

Hessler emerged an hour later, her brown hair in dreadlocks, wearing a T-shirt depicting Han Solo and Princess Leia kissing, and bearing the slogan “Make Love Not War.”

She got coffee and a granola bar from the protest kitchen before sorting laundry for two hours.

The unemployed Long Island native compared her decision to abandon her family to Americans serving in the armed forces.

“Military people leave their families all the time, so why should I feel bad?” a defiant Hessler said. “I’m fighting for a better world.” ::)

MORE

8 comments:

  1. I don't care how intelligent, or conservative you are. If I see you wearing dreadlocks, I'm going to automatically take 40 IQ points away and assume you're an O-bot Lib who's also a commi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, but, it's all the rage with white girls these days, don'cha' know?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brock, Et Alii:

    This reminds me of a gal in Idaho who was in my EMT class.

    She was a tall and very beautiful blonde, with a husband and children out in the country.

    Suddenly, she got caught having sex on several occasions with different guys, and even got fired from her job at the prison for having sex with inmates.

    A medical examination revealed a brain tumor was apparently causing this unusual personality change.

    She underwent surgery, and the last I saw, she appeared on a television news report.

    It's been many years, but I sure hope she is alright now.

    Thank you.

    John Robert Mallernee
    Armed Forces Retirement Home
    Gulfport, Mississippi 39507

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could care less what happens to this bitch, but feel for her children, especially the 7 year old. How much do I detest thee? Let me count the ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad to say given the courts these days, she'd be apt to get custody of the youngest at least and support/alimony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. she'd be apt to get custody of the youngest at least and support/alimony.

    I certainly hope not. Oh, maybe I am wrong since she's really just keeping warm at night and making a better world for all of us.......Now I've got it.:)

    ReplyDelete