Tuesday, August 30, 2011

South Vietnam, The American Waterloo: Introduction and Prelude. 54 articles


The following are a series of articles my father, Rick Johnson, wrote while working as a reporter for the Indianapolis Star. They were originally published during October and November of 1966.

I present them to you here as he originally wrote them, without edits.

The original, typewritten versions of these stories are now in the possession of the Indiana Historical Society.

It is my sincere hope that you enjoy these articles, and come away with the realization that we, as a great nation, need to learn from our past and not repeat our mistakes.

Paul Johnson

=================

By Rick Johnson

For all the outstanding men I met while a correspondent In South Vietnam. For all those who served then and those who came later…

Especially for my wife, Phyllis, and my family.

Introduction

========
South Vietnam, The American Waterloo

No comments:

Post a Comment