Thursday, August 18, 2011

Repost from 23 Apr 2010: Popcorn Sutton: Dead By Government B-------

"He couldn't go to prison. His mind would just not accept it. ... So credit the federal government for my husband being dead, I really do."
--Pam Sutton

(I've finally found an article that expresses my true feelings about the disgraceful, criminal treatment of a hero, although he could have accomplished the same purpose with less profanity. Dixie and I plan to go to his hometown after the SCV's Sam Davis Youth Camp this summer, and pay our respects.

===============================================

Warning: Language, and repeated in the beginning. BT)
=====================================================


"He was a Free Man. One of the few who can honestly say they deserve that title. The chains never came to rest upon him.

Can any of us say the same?

You can live on your knees, or die on your feet. You can be safe, or you can be free.

A man chooses. A slave obeys."


========
Popcorn Sutton: Dead By Government B-------

9 comments:

  1. The feds crush "the little ones" so that the sheep believe it when told that they are doing something worthy of their paycheck. In the meantime they allow "the big ones" to go unmolested because the big ones have the power and influence.

    It's fucked up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popcorn said fuck you.

    Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kin are hillbillies from the mountains of Virginia, TN, Kentuck, and Tn. Many carry guns and shine. The gov just wants to have power over all and my kin just hate any kind of authority. Cooking liquor would be find if the gov were getting its cut! It just looks to me that it is all about power and control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First found out about Popcorn Sutton while watching a program titled "Hillbilly" on the History channel. I've truly admired the man ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Sir. I believe I have some videos of him posted, if not on this site, then NamSouth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just looks to me that it is all about power and control.

    & taxes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://theknightshift.blogspot.com/2009/03/popcorn-sutton-dead-by-government.html

    Stainless: Odds are we're related, then...

    My Grandpa was busted in the '40s, they agreed not to prosecute if he'd sign a promise to never sell any more 'shine. He signed.

    True to his word, he never again sold a drop.

    He'd trade it for chickens, firewood, potatoes... but never for cash!

    He had a small chicken-house behind his place. With a hidden basement. The "ventilation" ran out through a screen under the roost in the chicken-house. You could stand there all day and never smell the mash or anything - in fact I gathered eggs there countless times and never knew what I was standing above!

    Had a taste of his stuff when I was old enough to appreciate it - without question the best liquor (or "likker") I ever tasted...

    My uncle has his copper-pot still, up in his attic. I've often thought....

    Ah... never mind.

    G*d bless you Popcorn - say "hey" to The Big Feller for me, will ya?

    I'll be 'long in a while - be sure to have my jar ready, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My uncle has his copper-pot still, up in his attic. I've often thought....

    Ah... never mind.

    Let's do it!
    ======

    G*d bless you Popcorn - say "hey" to The Big Feller for me, will ya?

    I'll be 'long in a while - be sure to have my jar ready, ok?

    Dixie and I never made it there when we tried, but are next Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete