Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Truly sad news from Elizabeth Wright: "To all those friends I never met"

Via Rebellion

No up to date information. I commented on her site, but since it has to be approved and I don't know the outcome, I will post it here.

"I'm so sad Elizabeth and I can't believe that I just found out. I remember fondly your many posts on SHNV, but since I have beat the "Big C" twice, I pray that you are as fortunate.

================================
If all goes according to plan, I shall be entering a hospice for cancer care. I wish I knew how to show my appreciation for all the fine minds I was able to interact with over the years, thanks to this technology. There are so many who I truly admire, and you know who you are. Your sensible and intelligent approach to politics and to life in general kept me sane throughout many crazed actions by our "leaders."

I regret the many writings, especially responses, unaccomplished, and the many deeds undone or unfinished. I do hope many find the posts on this blog worthwhile, and continue to read some of them.

Goodnight and goodnight.

-- Elizabeth

5 comments:

  1. This is sad!! A kindred spirit I never knew.

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked into the MARCH archive... apparently she also had heart issues...

    Truly a sad outcome, she sure wrote her last post with some finality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, she was a wonderful writer and here is a search of her many pieces.

    http://tinyurl.com/3fqvn69

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/90949.html

    Elizabeth Wright Is Ill
    Posted by Lew Rockwell on July 6, 2011 06:00 PM

    Daniel Walker sends along the very sad news that Elizabeth has entered hospice care for cancer. For a peek at the character and courage of this great black conservative, see her final blog post. And see this anti-Beltway note:

    Racism is not "sin"

    Over the years, as whites have worked to defend themselves against the charge of "racism," they have validated this slur by giving it greater importance than it deserves, and thereby helped to institutionalize it as the world's greatest "sin." As to genuine sin, harboring negative thoughts concerning some group is much further down the list of human deficiencies than bombing Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Dresden and Hamburg, or hacking to death with machetes the men, women and children of an enemy tribe. Now, those are sins! Seeking to force "diversity" down the throats of an unreceptive segment of society is the religious mission of rabid, agenda-driven ideologues. None of this apparent concern for "social justice" has ever been about virtue. It's about power.

    Keep her in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete