Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Mosin-Nagant Rifle - Why Don’t You Have One Yet?

If I asked you to tell me what was the most important rifle ever used in Russia, what would it be? Many people might answer: “the AK-47.”

However, it was the Mosin-Nagant rifle that drove Nazis from the Motherland. The same rifle guarded the Czars, and later deposed them.

The AK may be the Cold War face of the Evil Empire, but the Mosin-Nagant was the backbone of a country when their very survival was in doubt.

In a great twist of historical irony, the former Communist county is selling the rifles that guarded the revolution to the very citizens once considered her enemies.

History

=======================================

For Don: Mosin Nagant M44 Brake

Mine
Tom's

2 comments:

  1. My first Mosin was a standard Russian cheapie bought out of a bin. Its accuracy was "as billed" but I never liked the 7.62 x 54R cartridge--kicks like a mule. I much prefer the .308.
    My Mosin bolt wasnt so easy to cycle as to get off accurate shots in rapid succession.
    I have a Finnish M39 with a B barrel, but it is a safe queen, in unissued unfired condition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the 7.62X54 does kick
    ========
    Yes, but I think overrated by many as is the LCR in .357. I had a LCR in .38 before the .357 came out and purchased one despite the many people who stated it would kick too much. It does kick more than my Glock 30 and leaves your hand stinging, none of which you would even be aware of in a life or death situation. I, however, do exercise my wrist with 150 repetitions using wrist exercisers each day.

    ReplyDelete