Thursday, May 26, 2011

An M249 in the Cockpit



In one of the best reader input emails from the Kit Up! tip line, we learned of an Army Black Hawk driver who took his infantry saavy into the cockpit.

Our pilot, who prefers to remain anonymous, claims he’s a former infantryman, 18b and 45b and took that love of weaponry and applied it to his personal defense loadout.

Instead of the lame M9 or M4 strapped to his side, our Kit Up! reader slings on an M249 machine gun.

I am a former 45b/11b/18b, now Blackhawk pilot. In country, I fly with a short SAW stuffed against the armor panel or between the seat/lower console depending on left or right seat. Our A/C were getting shot up pretty regularly.

But our Billy Badass didn’t stop there…no sir:

I wanted something to compliment my SAW for an E&E scenario. I went with the M203. there isnt a mounting solution for the SAW, and I didnt want to add too much more weight to my kit (lazy pilot now). Fab Defense/Mako answered the mail with the FD203 stand alone stock. It’s very lightweight, and when using a shorty SOPMOD tube, its almost concealable.

Wicked!

No comments:

Post a Comment