Saturday, May 7, 2011

The First-Person Presidency

View Image

Here are a few excerpts from President Obama’s speech on Sunday night about the killing of Osama bin Laden.

“Tonight, I can report . . . And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta . . . I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden . . . I met repeatedly with my national security team . . . I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action. . . . Today, at my direction . . . I’ve made clear . . . Over the years, I’ve repeatedly made clear . . . Tonight, I called President Zardari . . . and my team has also spoken. . .These efforts weigh on me every time I, as Commander-in-Chief . . . Finally, let me say to the families . . . I know that it has, at times, frayed. . . .”

Via Weasel Zippers

4 comments:

  1. Arrogant doesn't begin to describe obama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for a "narcissistic" picture and found this one. I believe you detest him as much as I.

    "And Now, After Sending Our Best Young Men To Die On distant battlefields fighting Communism, we may simply vote a Marxist into our highest office."
    23 July 2008
    10/'67 - 5/'69 USARV, 6/'69 - 09/'71 OICC/RVN+, 06/'73 - 25/04/'75 DAO, US Embassy RVN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Detest him? Perhaps. I detest liars. I detest being lied to. I accept that he is a fellow human being and I respect that, and that's as far as it goes. I am still amazed that we elected a man whom we knew absolutely nothing about. It speaks volumes about the people who voted for him. That scares me. The way that the media was coddling and promoting him should have sent red flags up even for the most obtuse voter out there. Stupid is too nice a word to describe them. 18 months.

    You spent A LOT of time in Viet Nam. Of course you already knew that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still amazed that we elected a man whom we knew absolutely nothing about. It speaks volumes about the people who voted for him. That scares me.
    =========
    The best comment I have seen concerning the above was something like this:

    "Anyone who went to the library and used the computer for 30 minutes checking out Hussein, would have seen right through the lies."

    ReplyDelete