Monday, April 25, 2011

Confronting Those Who Plan to Rob Others, Post-Collapse

View Image

I read with interest the recent letter that included this:

"I fully realize what a hungry man will do to feed his family and have even been told by a law enforcement officer that he don't need to store food. He said that he could take it for his family so they don't starve. I know he has a large arsenal and I get his drift."

This fallacious and frankly un-Christian belief that the writer encountered is not unique. I was discussing the need to obtain an emergency food supply with a couple of lads who work at the local shooting range. I told them that the hard times that are fast approaching and they needed to make some preparation now while there is still time to do so.

They laughed and said they had plenty of ammunition and weapons and figured they could "take what they needed" when TSHTF.

I told them: "There's one problem with your 'plan.'

4 comments:

  1. A well prepared man has it all and as much as possible so he may help others. Water/Food/First aid/Ammunition and Weapons. A prepared man must always have an evac plan meaning plenty of gas in vehicles and a good supply of carry fuel for the trip. I mention this because I am behind enemy lines. I am in Cali and Likely will have to leave a trail of bodies to get the hell out of here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in Cali and Likely will have to leave a trail of bodies to get the hell out of here.

    ========

    Hopefully the wolves will stay away from the door until you are able to permanently move to a different state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If they had come asking for a bit to get them by I might have given them some provided I have enough surplus. Now.........I'll just have to kill them


    hbbill

    ReplyDelete
  4. It won't be pretty if we have a total breakdown.

    ReplyDelete