Wednesday, March 9, 2011

For Don: Mosin Nagant M44 Brake

Posted here, so I won't lose it like I did last time!
=======================================
1. Buy this (When I said competition, I was confusing this brake with with my $90 Saiga 12 brake which you sure as hell need if you have a TAPCO stock on it!)

2. Buy two of the bolts below. I would buy four in case you mess up one or more. The two larger ones on the left are the case hardened ones you will receive. The two small ones on the right are the bolts that come with the brake and which sheared off when Mike went to the range. They are inexpensive. I bought three different sizes as I wasn't sure which might work the best. You won't have to cut them shorter, but you will have to hand file the outside edge of the bolts, so they will go flush in. I used Prime Lok 245 Blue threadlock on mine. As I mentioned, Mike said the brake worked well.




2 comments:

  1. Let me ask this? Why do you need a muzzle break?
    Papa Mike
    III

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much easier to shoot, especially for the fairer sex. For instance, a WBTS musket is too much for my daughter, but the 1852 Maynard is a piece of cake for her.

      Delete