Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Aim Is True

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Scope_of_M-91.JPEG

Dear Allison:

"I read with great interest your recent comment on one of my columns, which was posted on TownHall.com. In the post, you claimed that I had experienced a “sychotic [sic] breakdown” shorty after receiving tenure, which, in your opinion, explains my tendency to lambast the academic left in my weekly column.

Although you can’t spell that well (apologies to Rev. Jackson for the gratuitous rhyme) you are correct about my “sychotic breakdown.” Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut. So it’s only fair to admit that a nutty liberal occasionally stumbles upon the truth.

My “sychotic breakdown” began when a fraternity brother of mine was abducted and murdered by a criminal who was wielding a gun. Until that night I had been an opponent of handgun ownership. I even voted for Michael Dukakis – in part because he advocated a ban on handguns.

After the murder took place I heard this little voice speaking to me. It said the following:"
========

My Two Cent Check Is Returned

No comments:

Post a Comment